08-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #83
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
If you pull the top off an EDC strut, you will find its just a complety normal SA dampener and spring. Just like many put on their cars for track use. There is just a little motor that snaps on the top to turn the adjuster knob instead of having to get out of the car, open the hood, and use the shock adjuster tool to do it.
OK...now is it possible to disconnect the motors and adjust the shocks to match stiffer springs? If it is possible to adjust the shocks to "stiffer than sport" by hand, that would allow even more adjustability and an ability to really dial-in the car's attitude on track.

Or would it be possible to shift all the settings to stiffer?...ex- pull motors, turn the adjusters to stiffer, re-install motors. That way all three modes would be stiffer?

Looks like I have some experimenting to do with my PBox in a few weeks...

Be good,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0