05-13-2015, 07:40 AM   #15
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Personally, what I do is I keep one email STRICTLY for friends, family, and Android syncing; then another email for everything else (logins, application forms, etc.). The only spam I get in my friends/family email are ones where their email has been hacked, but even then it dies down after I inform them. The other email address, on the other hand, has 40-60 messages a day that I mostly don't even bother to open; I just hit "select all" and "delete" unless it's from somewhere important.
I do likewise except I have several tiers. My university email is strictly for university business. Those emails are required by law to be archived and are accessible via FOIA, so I keep it very formal.

Then I have my primary personal email which I use for non-university people and important account contacts, like my credit card and bank.

Then I have a second personal email that I use for a few friends who sometimes send out mass emails with silly memes and crap that I don't want in my main email.

Moving down, I have an old Hotmail account that I use for most other non-critical account contacts like DirecTV, AAA, etc.

Lastly I have a Gmail account that is just as you describe. I look at it periodically and mass delete everything.

I use Outlook for the two main accounts, and Thunderbird for the others, except for Gmail. For that I just use the web interface.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0