05-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
It's nice to see that we are finally seeing eye to eye on DCT if maybe only briefly. I don't doubt that on the odd occasion S5/6 will be nice but I reckon on the whole the smoother experience and equally as fast S3 will prove to be the one most will prefer on a daily bases.

The creep mode is something that I wished DSG had at the time as parking was a bit hit or miss to move the car smoothly.

It will be interesting to see if the delay is less in either the higher modes or nearer maximum revs. I think the guys are concerning themselves too much on this, I doubt it's a major problem as I never found it that big of a deal with my GTI.
Yes, +1 nice to find common ground and agree. S3 is great, period.

The delay is absolutely not a big deal. It sounded like is absolutely was during Lucids GTI test drive but here it is so short and the overall responsiveness is so good it is almost a non-issues. I hope I am making that clear to folks. I would like to know if the delay is as good as the new Scuderia SMG box though.... That thing is amazing, including from what I can tell in vids - this "delay".
Appreciate 0