View Single Post
      12-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #46
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMK5 View Post
Does the farting sound out of the S4 annoy you guys as much as it did me? When I test drove the S4 a month ago, it was enjoyable and nicer than my 335i hands down but had a few gripes.

Shifting with the DSG tranny was smooth but heard a fart from the exhaust on every shift. Like the car needed to tell me it was powerful even though my as$ was pegged in the seat already. Same HP # as the G37x but tons more torque makes it a blast to drive over my wifes car(2010 G37x).

Servotronics or whatever Audi calls it at low speed was softer than a G37x making it easy but annoying to turn the wheel so many times to get into a parking spot.

Price also got me. I don't know about your local Audi dealers but mine wouldnt go lower than $54K on a nearly loaded premium s4 with dsg. When a fully loaded E90 M3(ZCP,ZCV,ZCW,ZP2,Moonroof,sat.,auto highs) with Euro delivery I'm getting for $61K and change.
Have noticed the farting sound as well, not sure why it does that. Seems like it does it when you shift at WOT. hopefully a new exhaust will help fix it.
Appreciate 0