11-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #218
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Talked it over with the missus and the Turbo is very likely out for us but we might go for the S as a replacement for my E90 M.

My main reason for wanting the Macan is because I ski and mountain bike regularly which is so much easier with an SUV than a car. I love my M3 but it has limited the activities that I want to do here in the NW, particularly in winter. So now the Macan is the only CUV remotely as performance worthy as the M3 but if I don't want to pay for a Turbo, will the 3.0TT be enough for me? That's probably a question that can't be answered short of reviews and test drives, but who else is in this situation? What do you think?
Since you already have an X1, perhaps waiting to see if SCOTT's hints about an X1M pan out would make sense? At least from my experience, the X1 is a better drive than the Q5, so using that logic, it's possible that the X1M would be better than the Macan S, or at least be a solid alternative at a lower price than the Macan Turbo.

Of course if you're looking for nicer features and some of the comfort options the Macan has, then the X1M will be far behind.
Appreciate 0