bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
not to start a flame session, but PS3's online is HORRIBLE compared to 360(the reason its free), there games dont compare in quailty with the XBOX, but the hardware is better....i love my xbox...oh and if he is playing games that require split second reactions, like halo 3 and COD 5, the wireless will be horrible for them...no connection better than wired
Nathan Drake and Kratos say hi. XBox live is a better online service in its uniformity and ease of access but online gaming on it is exactly the same as it is on PSN. Call of Duty 4 plays exactly the same on XBox as it does on PS3. When the PS3 came out, yes you're right XBox games were better than PS3 games....now the tide has turned. Sony's first party exclusives are just owning Microsoft's this year.

It comes down to preference in the end. You can say XBox Live has 8 member cross game party chat and better dashboard access and I can say PSN has a much more welcoming policy towards new and unique content and no limit on store download sizes which allows for better User Generated Content policies (see painting cars on Forza2 vs. 1million unique user levels on LittleBigPlanet) and better and more original downloadable games.

You can have Twitter and Facebook customized for XBox or the next downloadable game in the PixelJunk series. People have their own preferences. Live is the better service but if that's the only edge if offers anymore then the $50 a year really isn't worth it. Especially when you still have to pay (IN ADDITION TO the annual fee) to buy games, movies etc. You only pay to play games. Sony lets you do it for free.
Appreciate 0