View Single Post
      09-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #25
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
lol -- seriously though, since when has lack of ZCP made the M3 a Civic? The consensus seems to be that it offers no real benefit (doesn't add power, doesn't remove weight, barely tweaks suspension, DSC, and EDC, and the other available 19" rims are forged rather than cast like the ZCP 19s). It's certainly nowhere near as significant as the E46 ZCP. I suspect that only pro racing drivers would ever notice the difference -- same goes for the moonroof. I got mine because CF didn't look good with LMB, the car is quieter on the road, and I like to be able to open my roof.

Still a funny post though.
People will always try to justify their own choices, which is fine, of course, but that doesn't mean others will feel the same way. IMO, ZCP is a tremendous value.

It is a $2500 option.

EDC alone is a $1000 option, which means you are bascially paying $1500 for the wheels, the just slightly (and perfectly IMO) lowered suspension, and the remapped stability programming.

The wheels are some of the best looking wheels available, and are very easy and relatively inexpensive to replace if they get damaged. And, yes, while they weigh 1-2 lbs more than their type 220 counterparts, they are also wider and have a more favorable weight distribution. The suspension is lowered just enough so that I have no desire to spend $3k on an aftermarket set-up.

So, for me, ZCP adds just enough to the car not to make me want to mod the wheels and suspension, and as such provides a tremendous financial savings.

Additionally, ZCP will actually add to the value of your car at resale while a modded suspension will most certainly decrease the value. Then you are left with the problem of trying to sell your aftermarket wheels too.

So, if you don't like the ZCP wheels, for wahtever reason, or want a more aggressive suspension, then by all means, go for it, but you simply can not deny that ZCP offers a lot for the asking price.