View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #48
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

This is where I'm at with it right now. The intercooler I've got is about double capacity of ess and I've mounted the pump outlet virtually directly on the inlet for the IC. The IC output will come up and over where the RAM air vent used to be. I'll reinforce the top bumper mount and make the front mount IC lines out of aluminum.

The pump and intercooler bracket I've made out of scrap steel for now and is very rudimentary. I'll make a proper one when it's tested. Not the ideal pump placement for cooling I know but the benefit is short plumbing and getting to keep the Turner skid plate, I don't think much of ess's method to slap the pump in the lower felt corner but I do understand there's virtually no where else up front to put it.

I am losing a lot of shrouding on the front side of AC condenser and Radiator so I'll be interested to see if that affects radiator temperatures with out the factory designed air flow but the oil cooler is now left unblocked by an IC. I do have a rad temp gauge and am using a CSF rad and do88 oil cooler. If it doesn't work worst case scenario is it's cost me a radiator support and some time.

I also can make a sprinkler system out of the headlight washer plumbing if so desired

This is the IC I'm using https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...RoCUk8QAvD_BwE
Attached Images

M3R12185.00