2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
That's awfully defensive.

There is no doubt among any of us that you guys have put together a very fine, high end kit. I understand defense of a product that you have poured your brains, hours and passion into. In that way defensiveness is a good thing.

But is there overkill? If some of your parts absolutely won't fail or break in their weaker versions then the intentionally stronger ones are over-engineered (by definition) and perhaps then also overpriced. We can revisit the machined plenum topic. Machining really is not the most cost effective process to make such a part. Machining does provide the least up front costs and actaully requires less engineering (mold engineering is expensive and almost an art to it).

At the end of the day, what real world performance or longevity advantages are you bringing to the table compared to lower priced kits? Do you have any quantitative comparisons? For example will your system exhibit less power loss under hard conditions in high ambient temperatures? If so, again some quantification or comparison would be great. Most folks have no problem spending more for more performance but personally what I look for is the ratio - the old bang for the buck point of view.
+1. As long as the over-engineering provides for a significant advantage over the competition without unnecessarily costing more, I'm all for it. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, it seems based on your texts that I'm upsetting you Sal, so I'll stay out of it.

Your reply to me was incredibly defensive. So much so that I don't even want to bother responding at length (or even consider) this kit anymore. Good luck Sal. You've basically said that everything but what you produce is inferior - that's not letting your product speak for itself.

Looking forward to seeing positive results and real worth comparisons to other seemingly successful kits that are available now.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 10-20-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0