05-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #21
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.T View Post
If you want a faster car, buy the new GT-R...almost fast as 911 GT2...and it is only 70k~90k..
No comment......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
If you are talking about me - no sarcasm was intended. Sorry if it end up coming off that way but really I just honestly believe you are buying the wrong car. Sorry, but it does seem obvious based on the priorities you reveal in your posts.

Cheers
Nope, I was the ass he was referring to

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Gents,

I have not really been reading too much in the M3post since the action over on e90post is out of control.

Here is the skinny on modded 335s....the tuning world as we know it today is coming to an end. BMW is cracking down on the piggyback and flashes.

Starting in March 2008, BMW introduced a new DME called the MSD81 which Dinan cannot flash yet - they haven't cracked the encryption. Also it is rumored that the MSD81 also has tuning detection capabilities. Where if BMW sees a tune, they will void the powertrain warranty.

It is unknowned whether Progman / CIP 29.2 (which can be programmed into the new MSD81 or the older MSD80) also has tune detection capabilities.

Several tuned 335 owners have had their warranties voided already.

There is hope for a generation 2 type of tune. From Jim Conforti, he has a product called the Shark Injector which can flash a DME through OBD2. He has access to the 335's older MSD80 but has not yet worked on the MSD81. His device coupled with his software Shark Edit will allow third parties to tune the 335i with a claimed invisibility. THis won't come out til July 08.

BTW, the Shark Injector will work with the M3's MSS60 DME too (along with the M5 / M6's MSS65)..... You will be able to play around with settings like rev limiters, speed limiters, I imagine......

Forget chipping the M3 for more power....BMW ///M did just fine.
You beat me to this.....my friend knows Jim Conforti, lives near him and I have been hearing about this for months, but was too tired and didn't care enough to say anything here or over on e90post before it came out because over the last two years anytime I discussed blown engines or anything involving BMW figuring it all out I was flamed as a troll and trouble maker. I don't care what anyone says, their have been multiple blown engines in this country, one happened at my dealer, I don't want to go into details cause I don't want anyone getting in trouble, I posted about this months and months ago.

The piggybacks will eventually blow up the engines, end of story. The ones who argue against this are the ones with something to gain by selling the stuff. Hence why I think Shiv is an egotistical self-serving a**hole who makes honest business owners like myself look bad.

Thanks for post T-Bone.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0