View Single Post
      09-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #79
M3DCTBT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Obviously, whatever 400+ rwhp NA cars exist are outliers and that calls into question whether they really make 400+ rwhp. Even if they get it once, under ideal conditions, is it repeatable? Seems like these cars need race gas to make that sort of power and while you can run it, race gas is very expensive compared to meth that flows only when needed.

Obviously, if you are happy with whatever you have now, you don`t need any more mods. However, I love the way Vishnu has take some very simple and inexpensive mods like crush bent exhausts and made as much power as many people who have spent ten times as much. The octane seems more the key than the tune.
Not really, they just need 93 octane and proper tuning of all performance tables (Vanos included). I have over 20+ >400whp runs. and Probably 60 total on the course of my car. In fact this is over a year ago and had another m3 make more since then. Both of us are catted too. Baselined at 342whp, and his at 343whp. Google 407.7whp M3(which was done on stock x pipe with only primaries removed) or 411whp M3 record, documented on Youtube as well.

http://bmw.pencilgeek.org/showDyno.php?recID=296.

We don't have race gas here in MA, never have never will - and our 93 is enough.

Last edited by M3DCTBT; 09-19-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0