09-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #68
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DCTBT View Post
Not argumentative. They aren't listed in the DD.

That's an old entry of John circa 2008. The 400+ was full cat delete, pulley and more tuning. But they are out there on the forums if you dig. Mostly due to an older bad relationship with DD owner/moderator doesn't care for the tuner who did those results. Benvo did 411 with his car on a DJ but it's questionable at best.

Either way would love to see what a balls out full bolt on meth car would do with the Procede.

Problem is: While the procede is a very neat product (I'm an ex n54 guy) alot of us can't justify it on top as most are happy with the full flash tunes and 93 octane, that change torque tables/targetting, vanos inlet/outlet, dbw, M settings, DCT tuning and much much more. To those people where the meth kit may add ~10-15whp it will be a hefty price for procede + meth. Perhaps a standalone product that watches the meth flow and adjusting of set point timing advance on top of the dme tune would be great.
Putting a Procede/meth kit on top of a well tuned car running 93oct should be worth another 10-20hp on the dyno due to IAT cooling effects alone. And considerably more in the real world where heat soak plays a big factor. And it would also provide a level of knock suppression/consistency that one could only otherwise get when running race gas. Whether that is worth the price of admission will depend on the person who has to make the decision. I'm just providing an option for safe and consistent power that was otherwise unavailable unless one always runs 100oct in 30-40F conditions. Either way, it provides a lot more bang than a similar priced exhaust system. Let alone one that costs $4000 and up.

The idea of a standalone produce did cross my mind. But trying to cut a few hundred dollars off the price of the control box didn't make much sense in the end. Especially when it can save a person from spending $900 on a flash AND still have all the extra functionality and added i/o to control a fully mappable meth system. And actually be custom tunable by the end user.

cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0