Gfunk720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3- AW

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinMrBMWBey View Post
It sounds like your personal feelings about sales people are the reason your choosing to to insult me...lol I did not respond to this to insult the guy. Logical people are able to understand that everything that happens to them is not someone elses fault all the time. BMW are machines and they break like every other machine in the world. Why else would thier be a service department right next the sales department at every auto retailer on the planet? Going though all the aggrevation of trying to "fight it" calling BMW NA calling the BBB is probably not worth it. If he likes the car and see's a value in it just get it fix and move on with life, thats all I am saying. People that work at dealers arent alway "out to get you" they have a job to do the same way you do, and it sounds like the SA was just doing his and it caused the guy to go off the deep end and question the ethics of the dealer he choose to go to.
How do you get any sort of notion that I have something against sales people? Nothing I said mentions anything about them, or my feelings towards them.

Logical people understand cause and effect. Your "logic" that things break, and BMW can't be held responsible is beyond stupid. It's why they offer warrantees. You stand behind your product and if it fails you do what it takes to make it right for a repeat customer that owns one of your flagship vehicles. Maybe that's not how things go at your dealership.

We have yet to see any indication that there was any sort of impact to the differential that would cause a bolt(that is made out of substantially harder metal than the diff itself) to fail. One would think if there was an impact that put several thousand of force on a specific component, that there would be more evidence than some light scratching. Especially considering this is a known issue with these cars, to deny it and try to blame the customer is down right shameful.

I agree with the OP that it is utterly ridiculous and unprofessional of you to come on here and essentially call the OP a liar and tell him to buck up and eat it.