View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #23
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
As far as GrandAm yes they are converted street cars, in fact Turners buys the cars from a used car lot, and they rip the interiors out and race prep them but there is still a lot of the original car still in tact. Engines are pretty much OEM right from BMW except for a DME change to a Bosch race unit. You should really start watching it..great series.
Grand Am bores the shit out of me. Nothing to do with Porsche not doing well. It's amateur hour comparatively to other road racing series across the globe. No car has any grip for one. I find WTCC far more exciting, and those cars are very underpowered comparatively. DTM all the more (watch a DTM pitstop). FIA GT3 even more so in terms of competition and the cars we want to see out there. But ultimately Le Mans is the supreme race, with many others across Europe and Southwest Asia. Grand Am prototypes are the ugliest race cars in the world. Ultimately, that series is meant to be affordable. As I said, boring.

No worries though...