03-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #141
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
" ... order without a test drive." Therein lies the problem. At this point we are pretty much in the realm of speculation. We've had some information from BMW and there are those who have driven other (similar) dual clutch systems, and BMW's SMG systems but very little real life feedback on BMW's M-DCT. We're all hoping that the DCT cars will be in the US soon. Alas, it looks like it will be later than sooner -- the ship turned back .

Just my $0.02.
thanks this is getting frantic, especially for me who can still pick, I ordered but not locked in for a week or two but likely will have to make a decision without a test drive.

This is not as bad as it seems as there are other cars like the M5/M6 or the GTR or the Bugatti (etc.) that only came/come in one flavor. It was like that until BMW made the 6MT for the M5s.

I guess I want to make the best decision I can. I am leaning towards the DCT mainly b/c I didn't love the 6MT as much as I could. I plan to get another test drive on the 6MT soon if I can and then go by the process of elimination.

but I'm keeping my eye on the net to see when there is a real (or better) review in the next few days hopefully.
Appreciate 0