Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower7 View Post
Hello,

Anyone have any idea if this will pass sound at Laguna?

Cheers,
The answer is: it depends.

If you were passing the sound booth at the top of 3rd gear and on 100% throttle, I don't think you could make it under the sound limit on a 90db day.

Now if you committed to running up the hill in 4th, you managed the throttle at 60% and you tried the moving-over-to-the-left-away-from-the-microphone strategy, you might make it under 90db. But you really would have to cruise that section....

For Laguna Seca specifically, my exhaust setup is an Akra Evo X-pipe and a completely stock, very fresh stock rear section, and I did not make sound a couple weeks ago when going 100% up the hill in 3rd. I got the Meatball flag twice--once in the AM and once in the PM. I blew 93.4 and 93.7db. Totally sucks. Last summer and several trips before, I had no problems with the same setup. Someone said that they re-calibrated the sound setup and now a lot more people are having trouble making the limit.

When I backed off the throttle a bit and short-shifted to 4th, the sound police left me alone.....

hehe at end of the day, I decided to give it a try when the skies were clear. Went up the hill in 3rd gear, 100% throttle.....immediate Meatball flag---93.7db.......
Appreciate 0