04-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #65
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
No they won't. You can thank the DOT for that. It would cost BMW too much to have this car tested, certified, etc. to bring it over here. Same reason we didn't get the GTS or the CSL.
Stop drinking the BMW Cool Aid. Porsche has MANY models that are totally niche cars with engines that need certifying and they can make a profit on them. Porsche is too small to lose money on anything they make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
I won't. And I'd laugh who does buy it, unless they already have 10 cars including Porsches, Ferraris or similar.
It's so expsenive because they only made a handful of them. If BMW would have made more of them and brought the car here, it would be considerably less. They would have been able to spread out the development cost over a lot more cars. There's no way the pieces cost that much. Hell, it would be a lot cheaper to just get the Brembo's with real floating rotors, KW CS and a half roll cage. The engine's basically a stroker, so it's not a new block.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0