View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #11
SCTexas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 AW 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
IF you can, hold off on mods and invest in some WORTHY lenses...

I recently got the 24-70mm f/2.8 L and I love it to bits. The build quality, the fast focusing, the sharpness of pictures... one of the best lenses to have with a decent focal range.

Here's a site that I always refer to when looking up lenses. The author writes decent reviews and also posts pictures he took with those lenses. http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/. Go towards the bottom for specific reviews.

I must say... once you go L, you probably dont want anything else. My next purchase will be the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L and then the 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5... from there i'll start moving away from zoom lenses for specific needs (fisheye, the monster 300mm+ lenses for wildlife, etc.). I only got into photography a year ago. my suggestion is to read a LOT and make sure you buy lenses that suit your needs (like everyone else said).
Yeah I don't think I am going to make the jump to L class until I am completely comfortable with the basics first. I have heard nothing but great things about the L series but it is too much of an investment for me right now.
Appreciate 0