6SpdFANATIC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by southfla330 View Post
Couldn't agree more. In addition, someone like myself has only video examples to go off of when searching for that ideal sound to "me". Akra, Dinan + Test Pipes seems to be a happy medium between sound quality and DB levels. OEM mod + test pipes being a more cost effective way of achieving sound with power gains, yet maybe giving up some quality.
I just looked at that video again. That driver doesn't reach the RPM range when it's really really raspy, which is 3500-4000 RPM.

IMO, you can be cost effective and get good sound. Just go Megan or buy a used exhaust. Yea they are a couple of hundred bucks more, but that's the way to go I think.
+1 for Megan.

I have MS test pipes with Megan axle back and it is INCREDIBLE. No drone, sounds mean as hell and doesn't get annoying ever and I'm not a noise junky. Only time it is ridiculously loud is at cold start, but that doesn't bother me.