United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Headed?
We're in it!
But, it's for many reasons, the illegal immigrant issue is but a crouton in the big salad of troubling issues.

You know, that whole "Americans don't want these jobs" is a loaded argument that reeks of propaganda from businesses.
There are a LOT of US citizens who do gardening, janitorial, home maintenance, farming, construction, etc...
There are plenty of US citizens who want and will do those jobs. It's just that they won't do them for under minimum wage with no benefits and not social security.

I blame the companies that hire illegal workers, because they hire them in order to increase their profits by not having to pay at least minimum wage and pay the employer portion of taxes for medicare and social security.
Does that mean I will have to pay more for my lettuce, tomatoes and some produce? Yes, it might. But it also means there is more money coming into the tax system from employees and employers, and right now most states and the federal government need more money.
The idiots don't know what it means to live on a budget cause the majority of them never had to.
Minimum wage creates unemployment, no matter which you slice it. I don't blame companies for the gov't inability to understand what setting a price floor does to markets. Minimum wage (and any rigid wage for that matter) sounds good and everything, but really only creates under and unemployment.
Appreciate 0