View Single Post
      04-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #2406
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
Been hearing about this thread all over and I'm not about to read 100+ Pages to find out whats the verdict so I'll just ask. Is it my understanding from reading the above post that after winning the car at the $60,000 on ebay, BMW is honoring the ebay agreement as a lease?
BMW isnt "honouring" anything. Doom decided to use leasing as his financing option, per the auction terms, got the best deal he could (apparently) from a private lessor, and that lessor paid Huckster. Doom got the advantage of a low acquisition price for lower payments, I would assume. I dont mean to offend, but you apparently dont understand that a lease is merely a form of financing. Doom ultimately got the deal he was entitled to by the stealer because, as the stealer points out in its recent advertisemen on www.imakenews.com (www.ifakenews.com?) all Huckster wants to do is make its customers happy, especially those who know when the stealership has made a mistake. (Thats the stealers take on this, which is b.s. but you might not otherwise get it so I am laying it out for you.)

Bottom line: after a million hits here and thousands of people rooting for him, and some helping positively and others negatively, or just climbing on the bandwagon, Huckster was shamed into doing a deal E-Bay (and I suspect Dooms lawyer) says Huckster was legally required to do. Doom financed it with a lease option, paid on time (he had 7 days) and Huckster still hasnt shipped the car.

Thats about it, right?
Appreciate 0