View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #230
M3amigos
HP addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E93 6MT

Good thread topic... Get the extended warranty on your M3 IMO! I'm usually against most warranties and service plans since I figure I'll save more money overall in warranties compared to any repairs to my electronics/appliances/cars etc. I'm pretty handy and I like to do my own repairs and maintenance. Plus it seems the dealers/manufacturers seem to frequently come up with excuses that limit their liability. Well it was only by chance that the used M3 I bought happened to have a CPO warranty on it which wasn't even advertised during the sale... It's been pretty much an afterthought while I've been modding my car and everything is running strong. Well only recently my AC started to go downhill and come to find out the evaporator sprung a leak. Turns out it's a $500 part and a full day of labor to replace, so luckily this $3000 job only ended up costing me a $50 deductible. Lesson here is that BMW repairs can be really expensive when you least expect it, so unless you have a bunch of cash set aside for a rainy day, go ahead and buy that extra piece of mind warranty in case something really expensive pops up one day.
Just my 2 cents, happy motoring all!