Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
It could be, but your engine would have run like crap to be the issue; Did it? And this would be the first time I hear of such a failure. There're TWO of those valves, one for each bank (pic below, but can't see them that far), so a bad valve would allow one bank to run at a different throttle opening than the other, so you can imagine how it'd feel.

Problem with this issue is the computer usually doesn't point directly to the idle valve, and most techs don't know what the hell to do if the computer doesn't tell them what is the problem. At the beginning of this issue, techs changed all kinds of parts, until somebody finally found the real issue. Hopefully your problem is solved, but if not, next time tell the tech to just change the idle valve. And point to one of the many threads here for 'evidence', if they don't believe you. Good luck, and keep us posted.
engine ran fine today on the way to the dealer
smooth and no issues
except i had the "service engine soon" light, but none of the other lights i had yesterday.
and when the SA read my key, it said "increased emissions"
i just don't like some idiot changing a whole bunch of parts that were ok
because it's more likely he will introduce more issues by taking apart more sections of the engine.

on a side note, our engine looks damn sexy when it's undressed