View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
IMO, if you want to save even MORE money, skip the x-pipe and get test pipes. Super cheap price, same power gains, reduced smell versus totally catless, and reasonable sound increase.

Hell, I would skip the tune too...disappointed in mine...
I've looked for a donor stock x-pipe as I don't want to cut mine but they seem to be hard to come by. I guess I'll just have to be patient or source one at a junkyard. But that certainly seems the way to go.

Could you PM me why you're disappointed with your tune and from whom you got it? What would you suggest to deal with the CEL instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
As I've said before, once you start getting above the novice level and you find your track pads aren't lasting very long, its time for a BBK. You can do all of the bandaids but you're going to keep smoking pads.

I think tracking a stock car is good but if you plan to track an E9X M3 for the long term, I'd just save yourself the pain and get a BBK whenever you can afford it. You'll eventually need it and it should save money over the long run. Pads and rotors on my stoptechs last a long time. I've lost about 1.5mm of front pad in 3 wet days at the track. I would have when through about 5mm by now on the OEM brakes and PF01 track pads.
Sounds like good advice. Have you had any issues with your stoptech kit on the street (e.g., steering vibration, noise, or other side effects)? Do you think they perform at least as well as OEM brakes in panic stop situations (when the brakes are cold)?
Appreciate 0