03-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
UK M3 Owners Meet (E90/92/93)

SUNDAY 26TH APRIL - VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED!!!!

Hi guys - im a regular on the UK E90Post forum but new to here. Ive recently purchased an E92 M3 in White with Black leather and i am absolutely loving it. Ive had the pleasure of owning two E46 M3's (Manual and SMGII), two E46 M3 CSL's and an E92 335i over the past few years - and the E92 M3 is without doubt the best of the bunch to date. Ive just recently got out of a Porsche 997 C2S and apart from maybe the kudos of the 997 the M3 is in a different league in my opinion. Every time i drive the M3 it just seems to get better and better and that V8 growl is simply infectious. It has also proven how ineffective test drives are too - i test drove at least 2 different E92 M3's a while ago and on that basis bought the 997 C2S as i didnt think the M3 was that great at the time. When i sold the 997 i thought i would give the M3 one more try. I had to have it in White and i wanted it fully loaded but i struggled to find one. I'd almost given up when this one rose to the surface so i snapped it up without really test driving it!! I was a little nervous that i'd made a mistake but on the drive home alone i gave it some stick and it just came alive!!! I knew there and then it really was as special as everyone had claimed. Im genuinely in love with a car again. The 997 was a great car and that rear wheel grip was truly awsome. It also looked amazing as i had the 997 GT3 kit fitted including GT3 alloys and exhaust. But i always felt it lacked something and felt a little dated somehow. I also have a 20 month old baby daughter and it simply wasnt practical enough to accomodate a family. The M3 on the other hand simply ticks every box and then some. I was always slightly disappointed with the 997's performance in the same way my 07 plate R32 was equally disappointing - far too heavy and needing another 50bhp. But the M3 really does feel quicker. High speed cornering doesnt feel quite as planted and sure footed as the 997 but its still very competent. Im certainly looking forward to my first track day and especially my next Ring trip!!! I also cant wait to start modifying!!!!!

Anyway - to the topic of the post!! Ive been chatting with my very good friend and fellow M3 owner Booforty (Paulie) and i know he has a post about trying to arrange a get together. I am unable to make both the UK7 and the proposed meet on the 15th as i am away snowboarding til the 16th - but i would genuinely like to try and see if we can arrange another M3 meet sometime after these dates. Im open to suggestions as to where and when - which i appreciate is often the hardest thing to pin down!! I will leave the thread open to suggestions - and then when im back in UK on the 16th i will kick start the idea again and try and firm up a date.

In the meantime - have a great meet at UK7 and on the 15th!!

Hoops (Steve)
Attached Images

Last edited by Hoops; 04-02-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0