View Single Post
      02-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #42
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementary View Post
TTX design/technology allows for a very fine and effective/responsive damper adjustment which in turn increases mechanical grip levels in areas KW cannot even compare.
Most damper companies make similar claims about their adjustable products.

Quote:
Go download Ohlins TTX shock dyno's and compare them with KW CS, hell compare them with KW Competition if you wanted. Ohlins is in a different league.
I've done this with most of the major damper manufacturers - Penske, Bilstein, Koni, Ohlins, JRZ, AST, KW, Sachs, Moton, etc. The damper curves don't vary nearly as much as the prices do.

Quote:
The only one with an adjustment similar to Ohlins TTX is the latest JRZ 12-31 and 12-41 damper which allows you to adjust compression/rebound completely independent from each other, meaning when you adjust the rebound it will not affect compression. Ohlins/JRZ are the only 2 companies that currently offer that type of adjustment for GT/Production cars.
I'm challenging the notion that high end racing dampers produce materially better damping curves than less expensive clubsport dampers. I have carefully stayed away from getting into a debate about who has the best adjusters. My thoughts on the issue you raised go like this: I listed nine high-end damper makers including the two you talked about. Are the other seven so incompetent that they can't make adjusters with no crosstalk? I doubt it. The real question is "why do seven of the nine not bother to do it?" I don't know why they don't. Maybe they do and they just don't make a fuss about it. Maybe their customers, professional racing teams, simply don't care. It's an interesting question, though.
Appreciate 0