Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
I've used the sonax wheel spray that a lot are raving about on this board. It's not meeting my expectations. I am far better off cleaning my wheels with a citrus base APC like adam's. The sonax stuff :
- has a strong unpleasant (hazardous ?) chemical smell
- the spray nozzle is designed as a jet spray because it's a thick gel which ends up wasting a lot of product and you have to use a brush to spread it. Don't count on that to detail your wheels, you'll still have to use an APC after that or shampoo.
- It is useless if you have a car that you wash normaly or even a couple times a year. Maybe the only use of this product is if you had an old car with baked in dirt for years on the wheels and never cleaned.
- Exposition to oxygen and brake dust turns the sonax to brown. Apparently that is a good marketing feature.
- the bottle is ridiculously small and expensive
You listed all the reasons why you don't need it which you are right about. This product does work, isn't meant for maintained wheels but actually baked on brake dust wheels that have never been cleaned or barely ever, isn't the most cost effective compared to apc or other dedicated wheel cleaners, color change is meant to show the product working to remove iron particles (reddish purple color), and finally just like the other wheel cleaners in this category it can't smell like bubble gum if it's going to be effective.
Appreciate 0