View Single Post
      04-30-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkweisberg View Post
I'd love some feedback on peoples experience with their brake upgrades. Specifically, on track performance. I currently have upgraded my OEM setup with Ferodo pads, Stoptech SS lines and Castrol SRF. This setup is working well for me and I will likely keep this until something goes. I track my car weekly for around 1.5 -2 hours so things are going to wear out and I like to plan ahead.

Please post which BBK you have upgraded to and how happy you are with it on the track. I don't care how many pistons or how pretty it is, just performance (and price). If you have done a BBK and are disappointed in the performance please post that as well.

I am posting this in the track session specifically for feedback from those tracking their M3's.

Some upgrades I have being installed this week are track dedicated CCW c10 18x10 square rims with 275/35 Hoosier tires, Dinan springs and camber plates.
Stoptech BBK offers you the best bang for your buck in my opinion. You will have much broader brake pad selection, cheaper replacement pads and discs, and more caliper to wheel clearance(Stopetech's 6 piston caliper has a much lower profile than Brembos).
Appreciate 0