View Single Post
      07-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #32
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdsh View Post
Ha, gotta love it when someone chimes in who has never owned an E46 (probably never driven one) and who admittedly will not own an E92 for quite sometime. You probably have also never driven an Audi. I suspect that most of you that constantly try to knock the RS4 have are in the same boat: You've never driven an RS4 not to mention sat in one or even driven an Audi. Atleast I can say I've driven your precious E46 and I'll be happy to drive an E92 as well. It shouldn't be too hard, there will be a million of them. I just saw 3 E46s with in 10 minutes on the drive home. Talk about a dime a dozen.

Re: all the weight talk.... the E92 and the RS4 are basically with in 100 lbs of each other irregardless of where your get your weights from despite the fact that:

1) The RS4 has 4 doors and the M3 has 2 doors
2) The M3 has a carbon fiber roof
3) The RS4 has AWD

Despite ALL that your precious E92 still only weighs about 100 lbs less than the RS4 and would only hold a torch to the RS4 in PERFECT conditions. In anything other than perfect conditions, you can forget about it. LOL

Sorry but the RS5 is going to absolutely make you cry. It'll have 2 doors (weight reduction right there), & more HP. We don't even know the rest of the details as of yet.

If anything I must give it up to the BMW marketing division. They really know how to brainwash you guys. Apparently they've gotten you to the point where anyone that says anything remotely negative against the M3 is a troll, even if they've owned or currently own an E46.

Now that you're done reading this, feel free to resume to the cheerleading that takes place in virtually every thread on this forum.
from what i've read so far the RS4 actually weighs closer to 4000 lbs in the US which is where you happen to live. that's around 500-600lbs heavier than the e92 M3. there was even a review i found on the rs4 that made mention about its weight after they weighed it and it turned out to be close to 4000lbs...unfortunately audi trolls caused the thread i posted that link in to get locked/towed so i can't retrieve link.

your 2-door theory doesn't work either. bmw managed to produce a 2-dor and 4-door variant of the e36 M3 both of which weighed about the same. same situation with the 4-door and 2-door 335...about the same weight. just because a car is 2-door or 4-door does not mean one is significantly heavier than the other, then again maybe it's that way in the audi world.
Appreciate 0