View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Cayman GT4

I recently started a thread about the EXACT same issues. Namely, the intake charge pipe kept popping off and the crappy adapter for the PCV valve fell off. I agree 100% with the posters above. Exceptionally shitty company with awful quality control.

I was also told that I would need a receipt in order to obtain "version 2" of the intake charge pipe with the threaded PCV valve. Why would I need a receipt to exchange a component that was clearly poorly designed and, in effect, replaced by a newer component? Want me to prove that I bought the intake? Not a problem, give me a mailing address and I'll ship you this piece of shit. How's that for evidence?

Nevermind the fact that the main issue for me was all the unfiltered air getting sucked into my engine because of the intake charge pipe falling off. Unlike the OEM design, the "engineers" at MS seem incapable of designing a larger bore charge pipe that retains the flexibility and accordion-type connectors as the OEM system. Instead, you get a rigid piece of plastic with two inch-wide rubber seals at either end -- and this is the case in version 1 and 2. There is no way that design has enough give to remain connected when the engine is under dynamic load and shifting around.

I will never buy another MS product again. Incompetence is too kind a word for their product design.

To the OP, you can keep the MS filter in place and just use the stock intake charge pipe. It works well.
Appreciate 0