United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by atermechi View Post
How do you do that to your tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Agreed, what did you use on the tyres? Paint pen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Yeah, how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
What kind of wheels are those?
Wheels are TRMotorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
what did you use ot paint the logos??? I cant figure it out
First off, thanks for the luv gang. I think this is a nice subtle touch to the track gear. So now to the big questions.......how and what. This is a easy project but it takes some time to complete. I purchased some everyday available touch up paint from Auto Zone. You can obviously pick the color you want. Now here's why this was easy........the RS-3's have the letters engraved in the tires. Other brands tend to use raised lettering. All you need to do is paint the area you want to color with a small paint brush. ( photo #1)
Next day I took a Exacto knife and cleaned the area around each letter.......be careful not to scrape the paint out of the letters. It took me about 30 minutes a tire. Now the test will be how well the paint holds up. I will do this again when I replace these tires. I would suggest you really clean the area you want to paint and apply a second layer after your initial clean up. There you go.....the secret is out. If anyone does it post your results .........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0