View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
Most likely I'm sure that's y they building it. Funny thing is,I was thinking about BMW and supercar . A lot of supercar out there have BMW engine in them. So I'm thinking if BMW could built the engine for other supercars how come they never built a supercar for them self .well up until now . If I'm not mistaken the fastest BMW in a straight line is the m6 right? and around a track is what? The m3 or m5 .not sure but would bet m3. But those numbers are nowhere near supercars number
Well they need to ensure that building a supercharge is financially viable. Thats the reason why they pulled out of F1 around the same time that the global financial crisis hit. The 4.2 that was available in the V8 R8 was the same motor that was in the RS4. I think it's safe to say that if a BMW super car was to be built it would be powered by the M5/6's S63Tu motor. So much more than just engine power would help result in a fast lap time though.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0