08-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #40
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
LOL! When I bought my Nissan Pathfinder the salesman there swore that the 350Z was better than my M3 (E46) in every way and would certainly kill it on the track ... even if I chipped the turbo. I would have liked to take him for a "hot-lap" in the M3.