View Single Post
      08-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
I think someone else around here try to race a SRT8 with a 335 with a proceed and got his ass raped which isn't surprising those things have 425hp stock and for 36k thats a hell of a deal it could possible give the new m3 a run for its money for only half the price. And if people are just looking for performance in a car i don't think they give a rats ass if its a dodge or bmw just my .02
No no, you're incorrect. I've run with 3 SRT-8s before; one 300C SRT-8 from a 60+ roll, one Jeep GC SRT-8 from a 60+ roll, and one Charger SRT-8 from a stoplight to ~ 110mph. I beat ALL of them without a problem! :rocks: The Charger SRT-8 was the most challenging...he got a better launch than me, but we were dead even until I hit 3rd gear, when I pulled on him and ended ~ 1.5CLs ahead when we shut it down.

I've documented all these runs in older threads, but no videos.

A stock 335i could have some difficulty with the SRT-8s (could be a driver's race), but a PROcede 335i does not. Yes, they have 425BHP and 420 lb.-ft. TQ, but they're very heavy (>4,000lbs.)...kind of like flying bricks.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0