View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
If you want to make quick money your best bet is Herbalism and Mining. Both herbs and ores/metals will always be in high demand and they are generally something you can pick up while doing dailies.

Speaking of which, pick a faction you still need rep with and keep doing dailies for them. The new Argent Tournament can net you a bunch of cash once you reach a certain status with them, not to mention faction with Horde/Alliance cities. Even just 10-15 dailies a day can easily be 1k gold per week, plus whatever you pick up along the way.

If you don;t have your loremaster achievements, remember that every quest is generally going to net you 10g or more (for Northrend and Outland, at level 80) so if you still need 200 quests in Northrend and Outland... you do the math.

If you want to make a ton of cash gathereing with mining and herbalism, pick up mod called "gatherer" and it'll plot the locations of mining and herbalism nodes for you, so you can fly around and just pick stuff up. If I'm strapped for cash I'll generally wake up an hour early and just fly around gathering stuff. You can make a decent bit of cash, especially when the DMF is in town and people want their DMF cards, which takes inscription, which takes herbs. Oh, and you can download a wowhead database package for gatherer, which already plots the locations for you. It doesnt guarentee something will be there, but if you keep flying around the nodes you'll eventually find it had spawned.

Enchanting, Inscription and Jewelcrafting CAN have big payouts, but it takes a lot of effort (and cash) to level up. Herbalism and mining can both be brought up from 1-450 in a day if you can map out a nice route.

I quit hardcore raiding just a few weeks ago and make over 6k just selling consumables and materials that I gathered for raididng. Making gold is easy, it just takes a little bit of effort.
Appreciate 0