Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacSmallFries View Post
Hey,

Here's the story: I bought the Vorsteiner type 2 diffuser for our car and installed it today. I was planning on keeping the stock exhaust since I did the OEM perforated modification to it and love the sound. I would highly recommend it if you're just looking for a deeper, throater, and significantly louder exhaust. No drone either.

Back to the topic... so I installed the diffuser, and realized that the diffuser completely blocks the exhaust tips from the top and the sides so that you can barely see them unless you're standing directly from behind. Basically the exhaust tips now look like s**t. I didn't realize this since I've only been viewing pics online.

So here's my question, where can I buy exhaust tips for our cars? I particularly like the Akrapovic and the Eisenmann LeMans designs (bigger diameter). Are there any available that are similar to these? Also, is it possible to mount the tips so they extrude more from the back to match the diffuser?

I need a quick solution as I'm heading back to the garage next week. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ahhh....the wonderful world of modding where one mod leads to another which leads to another, etc.

I'm actually grateful to you for posting this. I was thinking about the V2 diffuser myself. Now I might have to reconsider. I really like the stock tips. The thick walls make them very visible and I like their overall length and positioning.

The one thing I don't like about tips like Akra is that they look like fake tips. I want the whole tip to be properly welded to the can.

One thing I did do was to put a good metal polish on the rear muffler and polish the weld sites with a dremel tool. Helps the rear to look "okay".
Got pics of the polished unit?
Appreciate 0