View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #34
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
It is actually closer to 35 RWHP. The totally stock M3 in the first dyno graph put down 326 RWHP and the Akra and ESS tune did 362 RWHP. I realize that I may have been two different cars on two different days but even so it looks to me like 40+ CHP. I already have Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software in my M3 but I am thinking I am gonna do the Akra ESS Tune in the winter when the car is in storage.

Although the torque loss below 2500RPM is minor with the Akra Evo, you do notice it sometimes when lugging the car along in 6th gear at 50MPH or less when trying to pull a grade or accelerate without downshifting. The ESS Akra software shows gains in this area that are quite substantial which is amazing considering no other software has been able to rectify this issue.

to ESS for this software!!!
You'll see some good gains with the ESS catless or Akrapovic tune for sure. The Dinan catless tune is the same as their normal tune, only it turns off the secondary o2 sensors. We have confirmed this with Dinan. ESS's tune is developed specifically to maximize the performance with the cats being deleted.
Appreciate 0