View Single Post
      11-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #19
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Don't read to much into the slalom or skidpad results. First slalom is something that usually doesn't go well for awd cars, plus you have to consider that the GTR got hellish close to the ZR1 yet weighed considerably more, it me that is some achievement.

Second skidpad figures do not prove cornering ability, the actual speed through a corner is the only thing which matters and due to the way awd car shuffle the power means they can produce less Gs but equally as quick cornering speed.

The most interesting thing on the lap with the way the two cars behaved, the GTR was ultra stabled and composed, while the ZR1 was very twitchy which they commented on and this is a smooth track and nothing like the rough and bumpy surface that makes up the ring.

P.S.
I don't want another 100 post back and forth on this, only highlighting what I know. There is no doubt the ZR1 is an amazing machine, like it's lapped the ring within a whisker of the ACR which I regard as a race car with road plates and generates real downforce.
I enjoy cars where you have to earn your lap time. The ZR-1 has the numbers and the involvement factor. Both cars are amazing, but one really appeals to me more. You seem more of a techy guy, so a paddle shifter and AWD is more your style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post
Major props to GM...RESPECT....but on a twisting road, the ZR-1 wouldn't see which way the GT-R went.
Did you even watch the video?
Appreciate 0