10-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
This is incorrect, period. Like I posted in the other thread cornering g and speed are one and the same. For any object, planet or car, traveling in an arc that is closely/locally a section of a circle (and any line/curve can be nearly perfectly approximated in this way):

g force = speed^2/(radius x gravity constant)

Cornering g force and speed absolutely are locked in and related in this fashion. Understanding cars in detail requires and understanding of basic science.

So again I am not saying you can predict real world track corner g force from the skidpad values on a different radius and different speed. What I am saying is that you can not take two vehicles and have one corner faster but produce less g force in the same corner with the same line!
You seem to be ignoring the example I showed you in the other thread.

Quote:
Flugplatz
Enzo 100.3mph G Force 1.56 - CXX 104.0mph G Force 1.39
Either this was recorded in the Bermuda triangle where logical physics goes out the window or EVO had a typo, which I doubt.

The other examples show how speed and Lateral Gs can differ, the Enzo and CXX recording the same Gs reading through Hohe Acht, but differ in speed by 2.4mph and through Brunnchen where the speeds were all but identical yet the G figures were again different for each other.

Quote:
Hohe Acht
Enzo 66.9mph G Force 1.52 - CXX 69.3mph G Force 1.53

Brunnchen
Enzo 65.7mph G Force 1.46 - CXX 65.9mph G Force 1.52
As I said speed through a corner is a better gauge of handling ability than G figures.
Appreciate 0