View Single Post
      02-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #41
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I have the Vishnu PWM Meth kit and DCI plus I upgraded an old Procede for about $1K plus tax. Also have a old used set of RR dp's off a friend's 135 for free. I would think the retail price of all that stuff new is like $2,200.

As far as the race goes, at the end of the 1/2 mile it was dead even. I guess as expected, the torque advantage of the 335 provided me with the initial jump at the cones (we did a 2nd gear start around 40mph) and I was maybe 10 feet ahead initially. Also as you would expect, the M3 crept during the entire run. but I guess what was unexpected was that the M3 didn't creep that much, and as I mentioned, we ended the run dead even at around 140 mph.
ahhh , well even for 2200$ that's a lot of fun for the bucks !! I'm a bit disapointed to ear your story with the VT1 ,even if your car has a lot of hp . I'm still debating if I buy this kit ! Was it a manuel or DCT , stock x pipe or modified ? I know 40mph is a little low in rpm with my manuel to start a race but still ... I hope you have a video of that , really interested in seeing a VT1 on a long run like this , not a lot of video of that set-up ! Thanks for the info !

Last edited by Alex07M3; 02-26-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0