View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #24
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Haha!! Yep, just about, but you have the HUGE benefit of allowing us to test all these things and you get to pick whatīs best. So, there are benefits to waiting as well (as I am sure you know). I still however have not done the ECU since no reputable tuner has come up with one. Sort of waiting for Dinan or ACS. I know Dinan alone has a crew of 4 or 5 people working on electronics alone (in coordination with BMW), so, the stories that an ECU reflash is very difficult to increase hp is probably true. I of course donīt believe the stories of those that say they can get 30, 40 or even more hp out of just a reflash.
True! I get to have YOU test out all the crap first!

I also agree that 30-40 hp from a flash is not feasible. I suppose it COULD be, but I bet it would not bode well for the longevity of the motor and components! I am expecting maybe 20-25 from Dinan. BMW pushed the motor pretty good already...with the low frictions coatings, etc. etc. I doubt there will be a lot more room, at least safely! Guess we will just have to wait and see. It is a known fact that the ALMS M3 is about 485 hp (prolly a bit more). I am sure they did quite a bit of modification to the motor! Power like that would cost BIG bucks and internal mods to boot. Screw that! I want my warranty!

I am even doubting I will reflash my car....you run the risk of a serious warranty issue. Trust me, if you have a motor or tranny problem, it aint gonna be cheap! This M is no 318i! lol. If anything, I will prolly wait for Conforti's "Shark Injector". Something that is easily "removable" and "undectable", but also something that will be designed within the safe limits of the car.

Hell, I still have months to wait before I get that far into it. I plan to do a couple simple things, mostly cosmetic, and just enjoy the ride for quite a while!
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0