10-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
If you care enough about putting a lowered car through an automatic car wash then you care enough not to spider web and scratch the living crap out of your clear coat!

Jason
Must chime in here, as someone who used to be a professional detailer I never saw any good soft cloth car wash scratch a car. Everyone talks about microfiber this and micro fiber that and its BS. Every car is going to have hairline scratches all over it if you look at it at just the right light, it occurs from dirst blowing over the car, and just being used everyday. White, Silver, SG all hide these surface scratches so that you nor I can see them, but they are there.

To the OP, if you hand wash your car and keep up on the hand waxes (few times a year at most) and take it to a really good soft cloth car wash the rest of the time, your paint will be no more fucked up then every other person who drives their car more than 5 times a year and doesn't. That I can assure you.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 10-16-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0