View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 03:26 AM   #9
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Would you say Vancouver Island has better driving routes than areas on the mainland?
Not necessarily, though I will say that navigations for the Vancouver Island routes are much easier, because as you can see, the roads are usually dead-enders, one way in and one way out. So, you can get onto the roads and enjoy the trip, without having to worry about missing a turn or whatever.

For the Northern Island as well, the pavements are quite good, probably due to the lack of traffic. And the latter, as well, is also a good thing

The downside for a Vancouverite to get there is the ferry costs. I did 2 road trips to the Island in August, and ended up spending close to $1k CDN in total

As for the mainland, there is unfortunately no great driving roads in the Lower Mainland area. For the good stuffs that rank up there with the routes in the original post, you'd have to go about 3-4hrs out of town, via Sea to Sky / Duffey Lake (Hwy 99) or the Crowsnest (Hwy 3). Both are trafficky, though, and the Duffey Lake Road is notorious for patchy pavements due to frost heaves

Have you checked out my post from my last year's trip, done in the Labour Day weekend? I drove pretty much everything worthy to be driven in the Southern Interior over those 3 days: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429197

Didn't have a GoPro back then, though
Appreciate 0