View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I'm sure right now with nobody having really turned a wheel yet in the E92 they're going to wait and see for any mid-season changes, but if the weight is clearly way off they might make a change. I would think the IRS will help bigtime against the Mustang at the Ruboffs as the M3 will be able to use parts of the track that the Mustang will skip across, I'm thinking of the T1, T5, T8, T14 track-out and the T6 and T7 apexes. Have you been on track with the stick-axle car in the E46? I've never been close to a Mustang or 4th-gen F-body car at Road America to see how they handle the rumbles, but McDermid sure stayed the heck away from them when I was watching in T5.
We never got any real solid lap times yet either besides late last year but not in a T2 set up. It was this car with the Dinan exhaust,4.10,Dinan springs, Dinan intake, DTC-70 and stock shocks. We were able to pull about a 2:30 flat with worn BFG R1. Then with the same set up as above with the JRZ installed and brand new set of Hoosier A6 we were able to pull off a 2:32 but it was a much hotter weekend. (We will be running BFG this year as they will be sponsoring us. One good thing is we ran their new compound at runoffs the BFG R1S and ran the fastest time we have in the E46 with them)

All of that was at a weight of 3500 without the driver. So a little lighter than T2 spec. I know when Boden ran the E92 for qualifying during runoffs the best he got was 2:31 flat but he was also having some weird car troubles.

Never really got a good look at the new 5.0 as the one was always about 3 seconds faster and the others were a little slower than us at runoffs. We will see how the year goes. The Z4M got a lot this year so that could be a really fast car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
Someone knows how to lay a bead.... Nice. If I could do that, I wouldn't paint the cage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
yes VS knows how t lay it down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
Yeah, I don't know if I should drool over the bead photos or the JRZ photos. Edit: keepin' the thread "safe"
Hahah thanks guys. It definitely looks pretty.

Here is a picture of the dashboard installed. We should have the paneling for the rear block off panels and the passenger door done soon. Also we have some nice carbon fiber pieces coming for the dashboard.

Last edited by VSmotorsports; 02-23-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0