View Single Post
      03-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
dans
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez black

Brake disc warped!

Hi all!
Had my e92 m3 for a few months now, and overall very happy with the car, having come from boxster s, cayman s, elise, vx220 and some more track focused cars too. M3 seems to handle most jobs you give it!

My first experience with BMW customer service has been pretty awful, which has certainly left a bitter taste! My car has done 23k miles now. I've recently had a grinding noise coming from front offside disc. Booked in dealer - found warped disc! Have to replace both discs to keep them even, and then have to replace pads even though they have 14k miles showing on computer! £600 in all! No warranty on discs of pads! BMW told me, quote, "if they had more wear left, then we would have considered it. They have just 0.6mm to go.". It wasn't until I checked on the forums that these discs only have 1.6mm of life from new, so this calculates to another 14k left yet! They still won't look at it! I expect a little more from a £60k car!

So dealers quoted £600 for discs and pads, plus tyres need doing- another £900 for pair rears! Iknow im getting ripped on the tyres, so will get these elsewhere, but am I getting ripped on the brakes too?

Dealers got me really, as they want to charge me for time to check discs even if I took it off them....

Opinions??
Appreciate 0