03-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Congrats! Which dealer again? Also curious who is doing your tint as I need to do mine now that it is warming up.
Went through Ralph Schomp.

I was researching places for clearbra and window tint and liked IDS's rep, but real expensive. Was going to go to Rags in Boulder at the recommendation of Jamesq.

Talked to my CA yesterday and he asked about it. Told him what I had been looking into, price at IDS, etc. He called IDS and set up good deal for me, clearbra to my spec. Got: Clearbra; 24" hood, full front bumper, headlights, fenders to flare, and mirrors; and full window tint for $1,200.

When I had called IDS directly, it was more expensive. Interestingly, IDS said to go direct, it would be cheaper than going through dealer. Schomp proved them wrong.

Others here also said not to go through dealer, re: quality control. But they are doing it to my spec, not 12" hood, and I'm still picking up the car tomorrow. All done, no worries, and cheaper.

Works for me...

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0