View Single Post
      09-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@AEperformance View Post
Well, it sounds like I have exactly what you are looking for. Our race system consists of T304 stainless steel straight pipes, matched up with our signature AE hand rolled stainless steel tips.

Here's a video so you can get an idea of how it sounds. Pretty intoxicating!

Thanks, I actually like you guys' street system the best of all, based on vids posted here anyway, because of the tip design and sound, but if I wanted to make a set of straight pipes I'd just fab some up myself for $50 in materials, hell, I've got the 3/8" bar stock in my garage right now for some hangers if I need it. The videos just don't do this car justice once you start modifying the exhaust though, stock gets picked up pretty well on my camera but with the muffler off it was pointless. That's what makes me afraid to jump on anything for $2k+ without hearing it in person first, and well, the Midwest isn't exactly crawling with modified M3's.

I love the way the Corsa sounds too but I wouldn't be able to deal with the muffler fitment. That one, the Billy Boat, and the AE are my favorites sound wise, at least among the systems that I think are worth bothering with. The Gintani Sport seems like it'd be good too but I still haven't seen a really good video.

Anyway, this is turning into a "what exhaust to buy" thread when really it's supposed to be a "I want to move somewhere where straight pipes won't get me arrested" thread. Back to that.