View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I love the track, it's great fun to drive, but tough to race on. The front straight isn't long enough to get a decent draft going so if you're racing in spec classes like I am, by the time you get a run on somebody you're jumping on the brakes for T1. Most of the passing I've done there has been thanks to others' mistakes.
Lot's of places to make mistakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Wow.. for some reason a previous video of Blackhawk left me with an unfavorable impression. Totally changed my mind -- might be worth the trip down after all. Was this just one of their open track days?
It was a SCCA PDX event. I, too, was pleasantly surprised
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
That was fun--your car sounds good. Looks like you can get a lot of good rotation on those tight turns--I bet that track would be a blast in an Exige.
or an Ariel Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
What did the F30 328i have? It was quite quick on the turns.

You have good driving skills man!
Pretty sure the 328 was stock. It was pretty quick, but I let off (you could tell my tires stopped squealing and the engine was a lot quieter) as there's not a lot of passing zones so didn't want to get on his ass till I could make the pass Still... that's one quick eco-cruiser and am now looking forward more than ever to the new M.