View Single Post
      08-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #110
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
OK, I will address the above comments but first why I wrote what I did and it all centres around your original comments about the Cayman.

I have nothing wrong with someone not finding it enjoyable, each to their own but clearly here you had some pre-opinion about the car simply because it carried a Porsche badge and somehow should mimic the behaviour of a 911 which given it's basic layout would be an impossibility and it's the much better car because of this.

This comment again shows that what other people think of you means much more than the actual experience of driving, which does come across as being very shallow, sorry if that is not how you meant it be one can only comment on what they read.

Could a grandma handle the Cayman?

Yeah, but she could equally handle an M3, an EVO and a shit load of other cars, including a GT3.

What you should have said is the basic layout of the Cayman S is less of a challenge to me personally and I much prefer my experiences to be more raw like that of the GT3.

Saying this would not have created the amount of comments and head scratching that myself and others wondered by your original comments. Hopefully this explains why I seem-ably gave you such a hard time.

BTW my comments on the Cayman being a better car than the 911 was directed to Mikewarlover as well as the comment about being in-experienced because everyone knows that the Cayman and 997 share a vast amount of both technology and parts and that the same development team signed off on both models.
I don't agree with you on what he should say or shouldn't say. atleast the man is honest and brave enough to express his feeling. I'm not sure why some of you jumped on him after he merely state the fact. the fact of the matter is almost all purchase decision based on look and how you feel inside the car first. If this is not true, then we all can drive some thing with similar performance for a lot less and save the extra money for investment. We like the cayman, 911, m3, etc not because we can't find similar performance for less, but because we like the look, the build quality, the prestige, how people think of you when you in it, the badge, etc.... I have to say anyone who say otherwise is totally lying.

I'm not saying handling/performance is not important, but they are just a tiny aspect of any car purchase decision.
Appreciate 0