View Single Post
      05-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #54
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I just got my AA Signature installed. What are people talking about only slightly louder than stock? It depends on your rpms and speed.

At speeds less than 50 mph and less than 3000 rpms, the AA Signature is incredibly loud inside the cabin and can be very annoying. It is definitely one of the louder exhausts I've heard and without a doubt, does drone at these low speed / low rpms.

At speeds around 60-75 mph, and 3000 rpms or more, it is true that the AA Signature is very quiet...slightly louder than stock.

But let me warn people that it can be very loud at slower speeds and low rpms. I'm going to try to borrow my friend's sound pressure meter to measure the dbs at different conditions. Unfortunately, I do not have a reference point when I had the stock exhaust. But perhaps somebody here can post what the stock exhaust db levels are at the driver head rest, with the sound pressure gauge pointing to the passenger side.

The odd thing is that if you accelerate to high rpms, I thought the exhaust would get louder. But the reality is that the exhaust actually becomes quieter! I find myself shifting into a lower gear in order to obtain higher rpms to avoid the loud drone.
Appreciate 0